Is Financial Stocks Over Bought in General?

When I find comments on yahoo stock board compelling I tend to remember them and see if they can prove itself true down the road. Here is one I found

I think Financials just want to stay afloat until the second quarter so they can hide behind their inflated earnings. But they will have to show their hand within the next two to three weeks or so to offer investors some guidance. If that guidance is cloudy, I believe financials will sell off before the 2Q earnings come out in Mid-July onwards.

I expect the 2Q earning statements to be very confusing and investors might take some time to digest them as they try to determine what are true profits and what profits obtained from the mark to market accounting rules. If investors do quickly react to the ‘positive’ news and jump in , financials will go up until investors wake up and notice they have been duped or have misinterpreted the earnings and will sell off.

Point is financials are not going to be truly profitable for a long while. Call me a short if you want but these are facts. Credit defaults are on the rise, foreclosures are on the rise, job losses continues and now interest rates and gas prices are on the rise.

Original is from this thread:
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_B/threadview?m=tm&bn=1903&tid=1025357&mid=1025357&tof=-1&rt=2&frt=2&off=1

I tend to believe what it says here as the accounting rule changes really smog the finanical picture of the Banks. As I mentioned before the only indicator that the banks are back to normal is that they start increasing dividend payment. I guess that is still one or two quarters away for the banks that are able to repay TRAP.

I recall one of the small banks that I trade on OZRK. It seem to me a very well managed bank. It recently come down a lot because of a real estate loan went bad. But looks like its resistent is at $20 ~ $21. I want to remind myself that its current price may be a good entry point. But again the volumn on this stock is quite low.

0 comments:

Post a Comment